Direct drilling farming in Australia oral history project
- Bib ID:
- Access Conditions:
- Access to be determined.
- <35> interviews
This project documents the introduction and uptake of direct drilling farming in the southern Australian states of New South Wales, South Australia, Victoria and Western Australia since the late 1960s. Direct drilling farming in Australia was developed by ICI in partnerships with CSIRO, State Departments of Agriculture and some universities. The project documents the social and economic impact of the technology on the farming community; the role and influence of early adopters; contributors and inhibitors to its uptake; and the role of families and communities in its practice.
- Recorded from 19 July 2016.
- Digital master available National Library of Australia
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Summary not yet available.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
This is a collection.
This collection contains 37 records.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2086 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Sound Recording
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- No-tillage and surface-tillage agriculture : the tillage revolution / edited by Milton A. Sprague, Glover B. Triplett
- No-digging report no. 1 : an enquiry into this method of cultivation including ... Bocking / edited by Lawrence D. Hills
- No-tillage agriculture, principles and practices / edited by Ronald E. Phillips, Shirley H. Phillips
- Mustering moisture : the practice of no-till farming in Australia / [by Robyn Yeo]
- Soil management / [by] D.B. Davies, D.J. Eagle and J.B. Finney