Papers of the Page family, approximately 1900-approximately 1970
- Bib ID:
- Page family
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- [between approximately 1900 and approximately 1970]
- 0.45 m (3 boxes)
Comprises correspondence, photographs, letters, cuttings and other papers created by and relating to Earle Page and his family, including his wife, Ethel Page and his daughter, Mary Page.
Earle Page, a surgeon during World War I, was elected to the federal seat of Cowper in 1919; helped found the Country Party and was leader from 1920 to 1939; was Treasurer in the Bruce-Page government, 1923-1929; served in the second Lyons Ministry; was Prime Minister, briefly, in 1939; was a minister in the Menzies and Fadden governments of 1940-1941; and was Minister for Health in the Menzies governments of the early 1950's.
- Manuscript reference number: MS 10264.
- Page family -- Archives
- Page, Earle, Sir, 1880-1961 -- Archives
- Page, Ethel, 1875-1958 -- Archives
- Page, Mary -- Archives
- Politicians -- Australia -- Archives
- Prime ministers -- Australia -- Archives
- Politicians' spouses -- Australia -- Archives
- Australia -- Politics and government -- 1901-1945
- Australia -- Politics and government -- 1945-1965
- Time Coverage:
- Copying of the papers of the Page family permitted for research purposes.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- [Biographical cuttings on Ivan Page, librarian, containing one or more cuttings from newspapers or journals]
- Organising local archival materials [by] L. Petocz
- System informacji archiwalnej / Maciej Golembiowski
- Guide to the material in the National Archives / the National Archives
- Modern archives : principles and techniques / T.R. Schellenberg