Papers of the Faithfull Family, circa 1825-1951 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Faithfull family
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid available at the National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- [ca. 1825-1951]
- 7.95 m. (38 boxes) + 7 fol. boxes + 1 elephant fol. item.
The MS 1146 collection includes station records for Springfield and some records of other family holdings, including Kilburn. The family papers include some relating to George Faithfull, Reginald Faithfull, William Pitt Faithfull, G.E. Faithfull, A.L. Faithfull and Frederick Faithfull Gibson. There are various records of E.R. Deane, a surveyor, relating to his work in the Goulburn district (38 boxes, 4 fol. boxes, 1 elephant fol. item).
The Acc06.041 instalment comprises papers relating to the ownership and running of Springfield and material relating to the inhabitants of Springfield, and includes poems by Horace Doust, correspondence, school exercise books, various cards and Tirrana Race Club booklets (3 fol. boxes).
William Pitt Faithfull (1806-1896), pastoralist, was the eldest son of William Faithfull (1774-1847). He acquired a grant of land near Goulburn in 1828 and founded the Springfield stud, breeding merino sheep. Springfield is claimed to be the oldest registered merino flock in Australia in the possession of the one family. E.R. Deane was the nephew of Mary Deane who married William Pitt Faithfull.
- Manuscript reference no.: MS 1146, MS Acc06.041.
- Associated materials: Papers and maps of George Ernest Faithfull, 1873-1874 MS 2982.
- Cited In:
- Guide to collections of manuscripts relating to Australia ; A646.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Finding aid available online.
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Deane, E. R. (Edgar Reginald), 1835?-1912
- Copying of the Faithfull Family's copyright material is permitted for research purposes.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.