Notes from the 48th North : spotlight on a stream of consciousness / Isolde Martin
- Bib ID:
- Martin, Isolde, author
- Eltham, Victoria : Busybird Publishing, 2016
- 250 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- 9780994532244 (paperback)
"Isolde Martin returned to her home of Germany after more than three decades of life as an expatriate, which saw her live on five continents and in six countries. Additional travels included short stays in many more countries and trips around the globe in either direction three times. After settling, at long last, in Germany, Isolde keenly and painfully felt the loss of the many friends and acquaintances now scattered across the world. Her efforts to stay in touch eventually resulted in poignant, charming, and often witty notes, an attempt to stay connected to friends in distant places - friends she appreciated and loved, and refused to lose to this very day, seven years later. Now compiled into this single collection, Notes from the 48th North, offers a stream of consciousness that has been written in moods that range the emotional gamut, refl ecting her feelings of loss, isolation, and confusion, whilst also exploring issues that have compelled her to write. One could say that the Notes continue a conversation that can no longer be held in person over a cup of tea." -- publisher's website.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Busybird Publishing, issuing body
- Also Titled:
- Notes from the forty-eight North : spotlight on a stream of consciousness
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- The letters of William James and Theodore Flournoy. Edited by Robert C. Le Clair
- Service through six reigns : 1891 to 1953
- To Samuel Chamberlaine, Esq. [microform] : Sir, I was in hopes at the close of our communications ... a final end was put to my disputes before the public
- Bygones : the recollections of Louis Untermeyer
- American chronicle : the autobiography of Ray Stannard Baker (David Grayson)