The alphabet of nations with many illustrations
- Bib ID:
- London : William Tegg & Co., 
- 10 unnumbered leaves : colour illustrations ; 27 cm
A compilation of hand coloured lithographic illustrations accompanied by a short verse. The first letter "A is Australia far over the seas, where emigrants go to seek riches and ease: above are some natives, who owned all the land, before any Englishman stepp'd on the strand." B stands for Britain; C, China and so on to X (Xeres), Y (Yezd), Z (Zemplin). The Pacific also appears with "Otaheite, an island so fair, few other places can with it compare; in the South Seas it stands, and here you may see, a group of its natives beside a large tree."
- Original hand coloured pictorial front cover and title page feature an Australian Aborigine and kangaroo.
- National Library of Australia's copy is heavily worn; has an 1860 ownership inscription and bookseller's label for "S & T Gilbert / Booksellers / 4, Copthall Buildings / Back of the Bank," London.
- Other authors/contributors:
- William Tegg & Co, issuing body
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Since 1927 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Daʻ et ha-ʻolam : Artsot ʻolam / ba-ʻarikhat ʻEdnah Ḳorenfeld
- Elements of geography [microform] : principally compiled with a view to teach children, at an early age, the geography of the United States
- Exploring the world / edited by Lynne Stronell
- The pupil's secondary geography / by Edgar Ford and Allan R. MacInnes
- People and children of wonderful lands / by E.C.T. Horniblow ; pictured by Norman Howard