Guantanamo : my journey / David Hicks
- Bib ID:
- Hicks, David, 1975-, author
- Online Access:
- National edeposit: Onsite at National Library of Australia
- Related Online Resources:
- Access Conditions:
- National edeposit: Available onsite at national, state and territory libraries
- North Sydney, NSW : Penguin Random House Australia Pty Ltd, 2010
- 1 online resource (480 pages)
- 1864712856 (EPUB : :)
- 9781864712858 (EPUB : :)
The personal account of David Hicks, and his five and a half years spent in the notorious prison, Guantanamo Bay. In 1999 a young man from suburban Adelaide set out on an overseas trip that would change his life forever. Initially, he was after adventure and the experience of travelling the Silk Road. But events would set him on a different path. He would be deemed a terrorist, one of George W. Bush's 'worst of the worst'. He would be incarcerated in the world's most notorious prison, Guantanamo Bay. And in that place where, according to an interrogator in Abu Ghraib, 'even dogs won't live', he was to languish for five and a half years, suffering horror, torture and abuse, while Australians were told who he was - by politicians, the media and foreign governments. Everyone had an opinion on him. But only he knows the truth. And now, for the first time, David Hicks tells his story.
- Imprint: RHA eBooks Adult.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Audience: General.
- Hicks, David, 1975-
- Guanta<U+00cc><U+0081>namo Bay Detention Camp -- History
- Guantánamo Bay Detention Camp -- History
- Prisoners of war -- Cuba -- Guanta<U+00cc><U+0081>namo Bay Naval Base -- Biography
- Prisoners of war -- Cuba -- Guantánamo Bay Naval Base -- Biography
- Prisoners of war -- United States -- Biography
- War on Terrorism, 2001-2009 -- Prisoners and prisons -- Biography
- Autobiography: general
- Biography & Autobiography - General
- Biography & Autobiography
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- The least worst place : how Guantanamo became the world's most notorious prison / Karen Greenberg
- The least worst place : Guantanamo's first 100 days / Karen J. Greenberg
- Guantanamo : my journey / David Hicks
- Return from Guantanamo : kisah kebiadaban dan konspirasi di balik penjara / Adil Kameel ; pengantar, Abu Bakar Baasyir
- Resolution of inquiry directing the Attorney General to transmit to the House of Representatives all information in the Attorney General's possession relating to the transfer or release of detainees held at Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, into the United States [electronic resource] : adverse report together with minority views (to accompany H. Res. 636)