Sangtsu tōka Rikugun kinenbi Hōten daikaisen keika yōzu
三月十日 陸軍記念日 奉天大會戰經過要圖
- Bib ID:
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item.
- Scale 1:20,000 (E 123°25ʹ58ʺ/N 41°47ʹ32ʺ).
- [Mie-ken] : Mieken Kokubō Kyōkai, Showa 13 
- [Mie-ken] : 三重縣國防協會, 昭和 13 
- 1 map : colour ; on sheet 62 x 92 cm
Chart showing the positions and movements of the Japanese and Russian forces during the Battle of Mukden (1st to 10th March, 1905) during the Russo-Japanese War. Positions marked in red indicate the Russian forces and those in blue the Japanese forces. This importance of this battle to the Japanese is shown as only a year later, the 10th March was designated Army Commemorative Day after the Japanese victory during this battle. This chart was published in March 1938 by Mieken Kokubō Kyōkai 三重縣國防協會 [Mie Prefecture National Defence Association] in order to commemorate this anniversary. Mukden in Manchu was called Fengtian 奉天 in Chinese [Hōten in Japanese], the name of the city was changed to 瀋陽 Shenyang in 1929, but because of relatively short life of Manchukuo the name, Fengtian [Hōten], existed only from 1932 to 1945. The photograph on the upper right corner shows the six Japanese commanders (Nogi is the third from right). The map on the upper left corner shows the progress of the war from the 6th of February 1904 when the Japanese forces were mobilised to the 16th of October 1905 when the treaty of armistice was concluded.
- Meiji 38-nen 2-gatsu 26-nichi yori 3-gatsu 10-ka made --- under the title on the map.
- Map showing the positions and movements of the Japanese and Russian forces during the Battle of Mukden (1st to 10th March, 1905).
- Striking Japanese folded coloured chart.
- Includes legend, text, and black and white illustration.
- National Library of Australia's copy has tape repairs along some folds, a little insect damage in places, few small holes and tears along folds.
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-466190722
- 明治 38年自 2月 26日至 3月 10日 --- under the title on the map.
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Since 2008 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Shenyang tourist map / compiled and published by the Cartographic Publishing House = [Shen-yang tao yu t`u / Ti t`u ch`u pan she pien chih ch`u pan]
- Shenyang shi hua / Jiang Niansi zhu
- Shengjing tong jian / [yi ming zhuan] ; Neiteng Hucilang ji]
- Shi jing feng qing / Qi xin, Qi Shoucheng bian zhu
- Tourist map of Liaoning province / China National Tourism Administration