Tuscan places : Antipodeans seeking more than Michelangelo / Desmond O'Grady ; with contributions by David Malouf, Vincent O'Sullivan, Alan Moorehead
- Bib ID:
- O'Grady, Desmond, 1929-, author
- North Melbourne, Victoria : Arcadia, 2016
- ix, 203 pages ; 23 cm
- 9781925333961 (paperback)
What do Antipodeans seek in Tuscany and what do they find? Germaine Greer went from rapture to rejection, Robert Hughes from rapture to Time, David Malouf from disappointment to appreciation and New Zealand troops from Chianti to Florence, which they helped liberate in World War II. The responses have been richly varied during the 150 years Tuscany has been a magnet and a benchmark. Antipodeans have found welcome echoes and unexpected resonances but this is the first time their story has been told with such flair and nuance..
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 198-202)
- Other authors/contributors:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- La Toscana pose / Giorgio Batini
- Toscana / hanno collaborato Pierluigi Ronchetti ... [et al.]
- Spigolature di Toscana : un viaggio di quattrocento anni per la Toscana attraverso racconti, lettere, diarii e poesie inedite ritrovati dall'autore / [di] Giorgio Cucentrentoli di Monteloro ; illustrazioni fuori testo
- Tableau de l'agriculture toscane, par J.C.L. Simonde de Genève
- Lezioni di agricoltura specialmente Toscana [electronic resource] / del Dottore Ottaviano Targioni Tozzetti