The book of Paul : the wit and wisdom of Paul Keating / compiled by Russell Marks
- Bib ID:
- Marks, Russell, author
- Carlton, Vic. : Black Inc., an imprint of Schwartz Publishing, 2017
- 90 pages : illustrations ; 19 cm
- 9781863959483 (hardback)
- 9781863956727 (paperback)
'I fancy Malcolm (Turnbull) is like the big red bunger. You're lighting up, there's a bit of a fizz, then nothing. Nothing.' An updated, gift edition of the bestselling The Book of Paul, presenting the one and only Mr Paul Keating - at his straight-shooting, scumbag-calling, merciless best. Paul lets rip - on John Howard- 'The little desiccated coconut is under pressure and he is attacking anything he can get his hands on.' On Peter Costello- 'The thing about poor old Costello is he is all tip and no iceberg.' On John Hewson- '(His performance) is like being flogged with a warm lettuce.' On Tony Abbott- 'If Tony Abbott ends up the prime minister of Australia, you've got to say, God help us.' And that's just a taste.
- First published: 2014.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- The new book of unusual quotations
- The Wisdom of the foolish and the folly of the wise
- Dictionary of foreign phrases and classical quotations : comprising 14,000 idioms, proverbs, maxims, mottoes, technical words and terms, and press allusions from the works of the great writers in Latin, French, Italian, Greek, German, Spanish, Portuguese, alphabetically arranged, with English translations and equivalents / ed., with notes, by Hugh Percy Jones, B.A
- Great quotations : that shaped the western world / compiled and written by Carl H. Middleton
- Not understood : an address delivered to the Australian English Association by Dorothea Mackellar, June 11th, 1930