Eat the sky, drink the ocean / edited by Kirsty Murray, Payal Dhar, and Anita Roy
- Bib ID:
- First U.S. edition.
- New York, New York : Margaret K. McElderry Books, 2017
- ix, 225 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- 9781481470575 (hardcover)
- 1481470574 (hardcover)
A collection of sci-fi and fantasy tales, including six short graphic novels, by twenty women authors from India and Australia.
"This collection of feminist fantasy and science fiction stories weaves together impossibilities, dreams, and ambitions to reimagine what girls -- and boys -- can be. Award-winning Australian and Indian authors worked together and separately to create stories that bridge continents and will inspire readers to open their minds and take a fresh look at the world we know"--Dust jacket.
- Full contents:
- Cat calls / Margo Lanagan
- Swallow the moon / Kate Constable and Priya Kuriyan
- Little red suit / Justine Larbalestier
- Cooking time / Anita Roy
- Anarkali / Annie Zaidi and Mandy Ord
- Cast out / Samhita Arni
- Weft / Alyssa Brugman
- The Wednesday room / Kuzhali Manickavel and Lilly Mae Martin
- Cool / Manjula Padmanabhan
- Appetite / Amruta Patil
- Mirror perfect / Kirsty Murray
- Arctic light / Vandana Singh
- The runners / Isobelle Carmody and Prabha Mallya
- The blooming / Manjula Padmanabhan and Kirsty Murray
- What a stone can't feel / Penni Russon
- Memory lace / Payal Dhar
- Back stage pass / Nicki Greenberg
- Notes on the collaborations
- About the contributors.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Also Titled:
- Eat the sky, drink the ocean : stories of imagination and daring
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.