Collections held by the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland relating to Australia and New Zealand [microform] : [M1661-1666] 1798-1930
- Bib ID:
- Manuscript and Microform
- Access Conditions:
- Available for reference.
- Canberra : Australian Joint Copying Project, [19--]
- 6 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
- Collections held by the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland relating to Australia and New Zealand (Australian Joint Copying Project).
Selections from a large number of collections, the main strength being letters and diaries of 19th century Irish emigrants to Australia and New Zealand. They include papers of Lord Castlereagh on the transportation of United Irishmen in 1798 and colonial appointments; the diary of Alexander Huey on a voyage to N.S.W. and N.Z. in 1809-11; papers of the Irwin family in W.A. 1833-38; papers of Richard Beechey on the Pacific voyage of H.M.S. Blossom in 1825-26; letters of H. Maguire at the Victorian goldfields 1852-66; papers on the Irish political exiles of 1848; papers of the Crawford family in Victoria and W.A. 1881-1934; letters of J.H. Twigg in W.A. 1891-1907; correspondence of Australian Governors with Lord Dufferin 1874-83; and the diary of a tour of Australia and N.Z. in 1929-30 by Lord and Lady Craigavon.
- Filmed as part of the Australian Joint Copying Project by the National Library of Australia and the State Library of New South Wales.
- National Library of Australia holds microfilm master.
- Australian Joint Copying Project miscellaneous series M1661-1666.
- Microfilm copy of originals held by the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland, Belfast.
- Cited In:
- Australian Joint Copying Project handbook. Part 8 : Miscellaneous [M series], Entry 250.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Descriptive list filmed on reel M1661 (24 p.).
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
This belongs to the Collections held by the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland relating to Australia and New Zealand (Australian Joint Copying Project)..
This collection contains 2 records.
You may have full rights to copy, or may be able to copy only under some circumstances, for example a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Cannot determine publication date because this record has an open range of dates
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.