Burning or bushed : the Presbyterian Church of Australia 40 years on / editors: Paul F Cooper & David A Burke
- Bib ID:
- Stanhope Gardens, [New South Wales] : Eider Books, 2017
- vii, 327 pages ; 24 cm
- 9780994358028 (paperback)
Burning or Bushed examines the life of the Presbyterian Church of Australia and how it has fared in the 40 years since the momentous events of Church Union in 1977. It was from a burning bush that Moses was addressed by God. Is the Presbyterian Church still like that burning bush, a place where God is found to be speaking and calling people to serve him? Has it gained increased clarity of purpose since 1977, and is it giving a clear and effective witness to the revelation of God in Jesus Christ? or has it lost its way? Is it bushed and directionless, worn out and waiting to pass away/ Or is it still on fire for the Lord and his work? This book of eassys seeks to address these questions.
- Contributors:Stuart McNair Bonnington, David Alexander Burke, Bruce Harold Christian, Ron Clem Clark, Paul Francis Cooper, Simon Hugh Fraser, Donald Christopher Geddes, Allan Macdonald Harman, David Alexander Hocking, Mark Peter Hutchinson, Colin Mervyn Langford, Nicole Ann Mannyx, Bruce McLintock Meller, Murray Thomas Norman, David Tsai, Gary James Ware.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 307-327)
- Other authors/contributors:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Presbyterian popery in the mother state : a priest-ridden Protestant church
- God loves people and they are free! : good news for all - from the Presbyterian Church / by H. A. Stamp
- Humans loved by God, and free! : the Presbyterian Church of Australia / by H. A. Stamp
- Invitation to prayer for the Synods of Australia and Eastern Australia : with reference to union of the churches
- Presbyterian union : plea for united prayer