The many ways of seeing / Nick Gleeson with Peter Bishop
- Bib ID:
- Gleeson, Nick, author
- Edgecliff, NSW : Ventura Press 2017
- 191 pages : 1 portrait ; 21 cm
- 9781925384963 (paperback)
Blind since the age of seven, Nick Gleeson has spent his life learning to ‘see’ without seeing. Growing up in the working-class Melbourne suburb of Broadmeadows, Nick’s young life was defined by touch and smell: learning the shape of each shoe so he knew left from right. Holding the huge, rough hand of his father. Smelling the well-worn vinyl in the family care. Many years later, when Nick meets Peter Bishop in the lounge room of Varuna, the Writers' House, he has led an amazing life of physical adventuring. A Paralympic athlete and captain of a blind cricked team, Nick has scaled base camp at Everest, climbed the summit of Kilimanjaro and has just returned from an expedition to the Simpson Desert. In a unique blend of memoir and conversation - and with many insights into the writing process - Peter and Nick find compelling ways to explore a life journey with more than its share of challenges, loves, losses, and laughter.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Bishop, Peter David, 1951-, author
- Also Titled:
- Cover title: Many ways of seeing : a true story of blindness, friendship and adventure
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Eyes at my feet; preface by Lord Fraser of Lonsdale
- Blindness: what it is, what it does, and how to live with it [sound recording] / [Thomas J. Carroll]
- Blindness--ability, not disability
- Great blind men and women [braille] / [Mary Gladys Thomas]
- Lettre sur les aveugles, a l'usage de ceux qui voyent [electronic resource]