Gunn's Gully / Alex Gurney
- Bib ID:
- Gurney, Alex, 1902-1955, artist
- Caulfield, [Vic.] : Edgar H. Baillie for The Herald and Weekly Times, 1938
- 48 pages : chiefly illustrations ; 18 x 28 cm
- McGee Comics Collection.
"Ben Bowyang was an Australian newspaper comic strip created by the cartoonist Alex Gurney. Following the misadventures of two larrikin soldiers, the strip was based on the "Gunn's Gully" newspaper humor columns written during the 1920s and 1930s by C. J. Dennis of the Melbourne Herald. Dennis wrote about a philosophical farmer, Ben Bowyang, from Gunn's Gully" -- Wikipedia.
- Cover title.
- "A Daily Telegraph feature" -- Cover.
- Comics (Graphic works)
- Other authors/contributors:
- Dennis, C. J. (Clarence James), 1876-1938
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2025 [Creator Date of Death + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.