- Bib ID:
- Philadelphia : American S.-S. Union., Dec. 3, 1845
- pages -98 : illustration ; 33 cm
- Youth's penny gazette ; Vol. 3, no. 25 (Dec. 3, 1845)
An unbound single issue of the Youth's Penny Gazette for December 3, 1845, with a brief article and woodcut illustration of a kangaroo with a joey in its pouch on the third column of the front page, the text continued at the top of the following page. The article is attributed to Modern Traveller. Also on the front page is an illustration and article on an 'ancient wine press'. Other articles urge children to send money for Sunday School libraries in the "Western Wilds"; the dangers of the Jesuits, and a "Call from Texas," appealing for books to be sent to southwest Texas children "living immediately contiguous to Mexico,... soon to have great influence upon nine millions of ignorant Catholics..."
- Other authors/contributors:
- American Sunday-School Union
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Since 1915 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.