Design and technology for children / Marilyn Fleer and Beverley Jane
- Bib ID:
- Fleer, Marilyn, author
- Online Access:
- National edeposit: Onsite at National Library of Australia
- Related Online Resources:
- Third edition.
- Access Conditions:
- National edeposit: Available onsite at national, state and territory libraries
- Frenchs Forest NSW : Pearson Australia, 2011
- 1 online resource (xvii, 228 pages) : illustrations.
Design and technology education is now an established field of study in primary schools and in many early childhood centres. Authors Marilyn Fleer and Beverley Jane offer the definitive text on this curriculum area. Design and Technology for Children 3e is a comprehensive and innovative account of teaching and research in design and technology education. It gives pre-service and in-service teachers opportunities to reflect upon and further develop their understanding of technology and technological knowledge, and to consider several different approaches in a practical and interactive way. The third edition has been written to reflect current research and practice in design and technology education for Australian children and pre-service teachers.
- Full contents:
- Contents: The nature of technology and technological knowledge
- Children's experiences of technology: futures thinking and designing for sustainability
- Technology education curriculum
- Creativity and design
- Popular culture and children's technological childhood
- Assessing children's technological knowledge and capabilities
- Cooperative technological learning and biotechnology
- Culturally framed technologyIntroduction
- Teaching approaches: a framework for thinking about technology pedagogy
- Project approach: Engaging in technology holistically.
- Description based upon print version of record.
- includes bibliographical references and index.
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (EBC, viewed April 2, 2018)
- Electronic books
- Other authors/contributors:
- Jane, Beverley, author
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- Made by design : teacher's book / [written by Val Wilkinson ; illustrated by Felicity Meyer ; edited by Harold Dover ; designed by Felicity Meyer]
- Manuel de dessin industriel a l'usage des maitres d'ecoles primaires d'apres la methode de Walter Smith. Deuxieme livre. [microform] / [Oscar Dunn]
- A-Z of art, craft & design : resource book for teachers / Ian Brown
- Materials and design : a fresh approach / Schools Council Design and Craft Education Project
- Design A / developed by Tea Tree Gully College of TAFE