Song of the Thong and other legendary verse / Ian McNamara
- Bib ID:
- McNamara, Ian, author
- Online Access:
- National edeposit: Onsite at National Library of Australia
- Related Online Resources:
- Access Conditions:
- National edeposit: Available onsite at the National Library of Australia, State Library of New South Wales
- Sydney ; New York : ABC Books, 2011
- Sydney,New South Wales : HarperCollins Publishers, 2011
- 1 online resource (256 pages)
- 9780730498162 (EPUB)
Every Sunday morning, all over Australia, more than two million devotees tune into 'Macca' on ABC Radio's long-running AUStRALIA ALL OVER. And one of the program's most popular segments is when 'Macca' reads some listeners poems. 'Macca' has presented the program for over 25 years and received many, many hundreds of poems - 'the people's poetry'. For SONG OF tHE tHONG he has chosen 180 which represent most aspects of Australian life. they come from listeners of all ages - grey nomads to primary school kids - and the topics are wide ranging too: fire, flood and drought, life in the city, town or bush, politics, sport, weather, animals, hardships and above all - humour.
- Full contents:
- An Aussie tapestry
- Drought wife
- My old tin hat
- Down dusty roads at harvest time
- Song of the maggy
- Faces in the street
- I must be streaming
- I was a fielder in the backyard at mum's
- Song of the thong
- The rooftop blues.
- Imprint: ABC Books.
- Online resource; title from EPUB title page (OverDrive, viewed Jan. 25, 2013)
- Electronic books
- Other authors/contributors:
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- Tropicalia : poems and translations / Mookie Katigbak-Lacuesta & Frances Cannon
- Sarang kŭrigo ibyŏl : sarang esŏ ibyŏl kkaji ŭi romaensŭ = Love and parting / Hwang Kŭm-chʻan oe
- A student's guide to School Certificate poetry
- Plain-chant for America; poems and ballads by Katherine Garrison Chapin. With an essay, The quality of poetry
- Fragmenta nova / Alan Loney