Papers of Sir Thomas Ritchie, 1915-1971 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Ritchie, Thomas Malcolm, Sir, 1894-1971
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 7 v. (2 boxes) + 3 fol. items.
MS 2555 consists of five large scrapbooks containing press cuttings, correspondence, company reports, programmes, texts of speeches, telegrams, and photographs. The material relates to the various companies which Ritchie had been associated with, in particular Metropolitan-Vicker's, Associated General Electric Industries, and Noyes Bros., and with the Liberal Party. The correspondence includes letters to Ritchie from J.L. Garrick, J.R. Willoughby, William Anderson, Sir Robert Menzies, E.C. Holroyde, A.W. Potter, Aubrey H.L. Gileson, Harold Holt, Jos Francis, Lord Casey, Norman Makin, and J.K. Jensen.
Prominent in electrical equipment industry - Manager, Electric Equipment-Manufacturers (renamed Metropolitan-Vickers); Works Manager, Associated General Electric Industries; General Manager Noyes Bros. Sydney from 1934 to retirement in 1959. Business Administrator for the Ministry of Munitions, 1941-1945. Chairman of Federal Executive of the Liberal Party and its first President 1945-1947 and 1949-1951. Governor of Fairbridge Farm Schools 1945-1953, and established Trelm Stud in 1962 at his home near Moss Vale, N.S.W.
- Manuscript reference no. : MS 2555.
- Cited In:
- Guide to collections of manuscripts relating to Australia ; C506.
- Time Coverage:
- Business professionals.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Organising local archival materials [by] L. Petocz
- System informacji archiwalnej / Maciej Golembiowski
- Guide to the material in the National Archives / the National Archives
- Modern archives : principles and techniques / T.R. Schellenberg
- A avaliacao dos documentos publicos modernos / traducao de Leda Boechat Rodrigues