Papers of the Stanhope Family (as filmed by the AJCP) [microform] : [M1904], 1700-1900
- Bib ID:
- Manuscript and Microform
- Stanhope family
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for reference.
- Canberra : Australian Joint Copying Project, [19--]
- 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm.
1. Papers of Philip Stanhope, 5th Earl of Stanhope, 1840-1843, re convicts and convict transportation; land sales in S.A.; governorship of Van Diemen's Land etc. 2. Letter, 1900, from Lady Mary Lygon, Sydney to Lady Evelyn Stanhope re music. 3. Correspondence, 1863-65 from Philip Stanhope, R.N. to his parents while serving on H.M.S. Sutlej and re Pitcairn Island and Tahiti. 4. Papers of Edward Stanhope, 1886-91 while Secretary of state for the Colonies and Secretary of State for War. Includes papers on imperial defence; New Guinea and Borneo; Australia; correspondence with: Queen Victoria, 1886; Sir Robert Herbert, 1886; Lord Knutsford, 1887-1892; Lord Salisbury, 1886-91; W.H. Smith, 1886; letters from Australian governors, 1886-91; Colonial governors, 1886-90; bishops, 1886; War Office officials, 1889-90. 5. Manuscript chart of coast of New Guinea, ca. 1700 showing route taken by William Dampier. 6. Papers of William Pitt, 1791-1803.
- Filmed as part of the Australian Joint Copying Project by the National Library of Australia and the State Library of New South Wales.
- National Library of Australia holds microfilm master.
- Australian Joint Copying Project miscellaneous series M1904.
- Also available online https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-836328226
- Microfilm copy of originals held by Kent Archives Office, Maidstone.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Descriptive list available (6 pages).
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
This belongs to the Miscellaneous Series (Australian Joint Copying Project)..
This collection contains 522 records.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Cannot determine publication date because this record has an open range of dates
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Collections held by the Scottish Record Office relating to Australia and New Zealand (as filmed by the AJCP), 1760-1925 : [M584, M985-M986]
- Extracts from Comprehensive list of Colonial Office records [microform] : vol. 1-10 and supplementary vol. 1-2 : [M418-420, M422] 1961
- Papers of Sir Robert Peel (as filmed by the AJCP) [microform] : [M1878-1886], 1812-1850
- Colonies, General Register of replies to circular despatches 1862-1909 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Accounts Branch : Original correspondence, 1868-1902 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP