Papers of Benjamin Disraeli, 1st Earl of Beaconsfield (as filmed by the AJCP) [microform] : [M1913], 1847-1880
- Bib ID:
- Manuscript and Microform
- Disraeli, Benjamin, Earl of Beaconsfield, 1804-1881
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for reference.
- Canberra : Australian Joint Copying Project, [19--]
- 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm.
Selected political papers including: papers re emigration, 1849-52; papers re massacre of Dyaks in 1849; official and semi-official letters to Montagu Corry, 1867-1881; papers re Berlin Congress, 1878; Royal correspondence, 1868-79; correspondence with: Lord Cairns, Lord Rowton, Lord Cranbrook, Lord Malmesbury, Lord Carnarvon, George W. Hunt, Lord Lytton, Lord Hampton, and Lord Derby; general correspondence, 1847-1880. The papers refer generally to the administration of British colonies, particularly the Australian colonies, New Zealand, Fiji, Labuan, and Sarawak. Topics include H.M. troops in Australia and N.Z., colonial governments, colonial legislation, visit of the Prince of Wales to Australia and the attempted assassination of the Duke of Edinburgh in N.S.W.
Conservative M.P., 1837-76; Leader of Conservative Party, 1868-81; Chancellor of Exchequer, 1852, 1858-9, 1866-8; Prime Minister, 1868, 1874-1880.
- Filmed as part of the Australian Joint Copying Project by the National Library of Australia and the State Library of New South Wales.
- National Library of Australia holds microfilm master.
- Australian Joint Copying Project miscellaneous series M1913.
- Also available online https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-836342841
- Microfilm copy of originals held by the Bodleian Library, Oxford.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Descriptive list available (16 p.).
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
This belongs to the Miscellaneous Series (Australian Joint Copying Project)..
This collection contains 521 records.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Cannot determine publication date because this record has an open range of dates
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.