Records and Collections of the Royal Society (as filmed by the AJCP) [microform] : [M1927-M1937], 1699-1932
- Bib ID:
- Manuscript and Microform
- Royal Society (Great Britain)
- Related Online Resources:
- Access Conditions:
- Available for reference.
- Canberra : Australian Joint Copying Project, [19--]
- 11 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
- Personal collections held by the Royal Society (as filmed by the AJCP)
Council minutes, 1771-1932; committee minutes, 1828-1970; miscellaneous correspondence, 1828-1925; letterbooks, 1839-1930; domestic archives, 1823-39; Council documents, 1902-23; classified papers, 1699-ca. 1720; letters and papers, 1756-1806; philosophical transactions manuscripts, 1805-53; general manuscripts 1766-1902; miscellaneous manuscripts, 1760-1791 and meteorological archives, 1788-1863. Concern scientific expeditions and pursuits in Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific, Antarctica, etc.
Established 1662, for the promotion of "experimental philosophy". In 1846 membership was limited to only outstanding professional scientists. Since mid 19th century concerned with research funding, award of research professorships and fellowships and British representation at international scientific events.
- Filmed as part of the Australian Joint Copying Project by the National Library of Australia and the State Library of New South Wales.
- National Library of Australia holds microfilm master.
- Australian Joint Copying Project miscellaneous series M1927-1937.
- Digital master available National Library of Australia
- Microfilm copy of originals held by the Royal Society Library, London.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Descriptive list available (85 p.).
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
This belongs to the Personal collections held by the Royal Society (as filmed by the AJCP)..
This collection contains 2 records.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Collections held by the National Library of Scotland relating to the British colonies (as filmed by the AJCP), 1724-1950 : [M1158-M1168, M1961-M1965]
- Collections held by the National Library of Scotland [microform] : [M1158-M1168] 1724-1936
- Collections held by the Scottish Record Office relating to Australia and New Zealand (as filmed by the AJCP), 1760-1925 : [M584, M985-M986]
- Records of the Australian Library and Information Association, 1931-2007 [manuscript]
- Records of the Australian School Library Association, 1969-1985 [manuscript]