Personal collections held by the Royal Society [microform] : [M1938-1940] 1774-1936
- Bib ID:
- Manuscript and Microform
- Access Conditions:
- Available for reference.
- Canberra : Australian Joint Copying Project, [19--]
- 3 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
- Personal collections held by the Royal Society (as filmed by the AJCP)
Selections from the following papers: Sir Charles Blagden, 1774-1820; Rev. William Buckland, 1831-1834; Robert Were Fox, 1847-60; Sir John F.W. Herschel, 1822-70; Sir Joseph Larmor, 1905-21; Rev. Humphrey Lloyd, 1838-43; Sir John W. Lubbock, 1832-59; Sir Ernest Rutherford, 1890-1936; Sir Edward Sabine, 1825-73; and Sir Arthur Schuster, 1915. Subjects include: Australian observatories, astronomy, Antarctic expeditions, Royal Society, magnetic and meteorological observations, university appointments and other scientific matters relating to Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the Pacific.
- Filmed as part of the Australian Joint Copying Project by the National Library of Australia and the State Library of New South Wales.
- National Library of Australia holds microfilm master.
- Australian Joint Copying Project miscellaneous series M1938-1940.
- Microfilm copy of originals held by the Royal Society Library, London.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Descriptive list available (30 p.).
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
This belongs to the Personal collections held by the Royal Society (as filmed by the AJCP)..
This collection contains 2 records.
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Created/Published Date is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Papers of Sir John Bates Thurston (as filmed by the AJCP), 1854-1897 [microform]
- Collections held by Glasgow Mitchell Library (as filmed by the AJCP) : [M2847-M2849, M2912-M2923], 1827-1972
- Papers of John Benjamin Graham (as filmed by the AJCP) [microform] : [M373-376], 1841-1926
- Papers and correspondence of John Gould (as filmed by the AJCP), 1831-1879 : [M725-M727, M2888-M2902]
- Papers of the Gell and Franklin families (as filmed by the AJCP) [microform] : [M377-380, M390] 1800-1955