Learning and teaching in clinical contexts : a practical guide / editors, Clare Delany, Elizabeth Molloy
- Bib ID:
- Chatswood, NSW : Elsevier, 
- xii, 402 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- 9780729542722 (paperback)
- Full contents:
- Machine generated contents note: Section 1 Preparing learners for workplace learning
- 1.Becoming a clinical educator / Elizabeth Molloy
- 2.Understanding transitions in health professional learning / Sue Kilminster
- 3.Cultivating critical thinkers / Althea Gamble Blakey
- 4.Cultivating resilient learners / Jill Klein
- 5.Ethics education in clinical learning contexts / Carolyn Johnston
- 6.Educating for conflict resolution / Haavi Morreim
- Section 2 Education approaches within clinical learning contexts
- 7.The influence of workplace context on learning and teaching / Christopher Watling
- 8.Professionalism, identities and embodiment: Supporting the internalisation of professionalism through addressing the hidden curriculum / Lynn Monrouxe
- 9.Scaffolding for progressive independence in workplace contexts / Lorelei Lingard
- 10.Coaching clinical learners / Stephen Trumble
- 11.Translating expert practice for clinical learning / David Beckett.
- Contents note continued: 12.Peer learning in clinical placements / Phillip Dawson
- 13.Educating for professional practice through simulation / Suzanne Gough
- 14.Interprofessional learning opportunities for pre-registration students in clinical workplaces / Gillian Nisbet
- 15.Pedagogically-rich activities in hospital work: Handovers, ward rounds and team meetings / Linda Sweet
- 16.Learning in community-based contexts / Gerard Gormley
- 17.Identifying and working with underperformance / Charlotte Denniston
- Section 3 Assessment for learning in the workplace
- 18.Workplace-based assessment / James Crossley
- 19.Ensuring assessment builds capacity for future clinical practice: Sustainable assessment in action / David Boud
- 20.Assessment through entrustable professional activities / Olle ten Cate
- 21.Reworking feedback to build better work / Monica van de Ridder
- Section 4 Leadership and faculty development in health professions education.
- Contents note continued: 22.Faculty development: Becoming a `clinician as educator' / Anna Jones
- 23.Leadership in health professions education: What does it mean? / Judy McKimm
- 24.Disruptive innovation in health professions education: How might this model guide change? / Eric S. Holmboe
- 25.Translating educational research into educational practice / Christopher Roberts
- 26.Improving clinical education: Attending to the processes of designing and becoming / Clare Delany.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other authors/contributors:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Contracts for independent learning : engaging students in the middle years / Jeni Wilson & Lynda Cutting
- QuILT [electronic resource] : quality in learning and teaching / John Baird, Keith Pigdon, Marilyn Woolley
- Nature tables and team discovery : book two, winter term, teacher's manual
- Nature tables and team discovery : book three, spring term, teacher's manual
- Natural tables and team discovery : book 1, autumn term, teacher's manual