Portrait of Ainsley Gotto, approximately 1971 / June Mendoza
- Bib ID:
- Mendoza, June, 1927-, artist
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item. PIC Screen 180 #PIC/20699 copy
- approximately 1971
- 1 painting : oil on canvas ; 95 x 166 cm, mounted in wooden frame 187 x 115 cm
The portrait of Ainsley Gotto provides a documentary record of a significant figure in Australia's political and social history. Gotto became the youngest person to be principal private secretary to the Prime Minster in 1968, the same year that the Australian government agreed to equal pay for men and women. June Mendoza, the creator of the work, is a renowned portraitist at both a national and international level. Mendoza is a member of the Royal Society of Portrait Painters, of which Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom is patron.--Information from acquisitions documentation.
Ainsley Gotto was born 1946 in Brisbane. Gotto was an Australian public servant who was appointed in 1968 as the youngest private secretary to Australia's Prime Minister, John Gorton. From 1972-1978 Gotto went on to work at recruitment agency Drake International. Following a stint in television, interior design consultancy and her own company Ainsley Gotto International, Gotto headed the not-for-profit organisation Women Chiefs of Enterprises International for women entrepreneurs.--Information from acquisitions documentation.
- Title from acquisitions documentation.
- PIC Screen 180 #PIC/20699 copy Also available online https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-695083064
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased 2018.
- Public servants.
- Copyright restrictions may apply.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Notabilities in Denison's day [picture]
- [Portrait of] Ellis Blain, Maggie Tabberer and Carol Raye [picture]
- Calvin Bowman, July 2015 / Jim Rolon
- Portrait of photojournalist David Park, approximately 1987 / Robert McFarlane
- [Eric Baume being interviewed by 2CA radio personality, Bob Walker, in Canberra 1963] [picture]