Foreign Office records, 1761-1952 [microform] / as filmed by the AJCP
- Bib ID:
- Manuscript and Microform
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Canberra : Australian Joint Copying Project, [19--]
- <> microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
- Australian Joint Copying Project part 5.
The departments of the Foreign Office fall into two categories political and non-political. There were originally two political departments, one for each Under Secretary, again divided geographically. There were numerous administrative changes after 1815, including the abolition of the third Under Secretaryship in 1827 with subsequent rearrangement of the departments. That then superintended by the Government Under Secretary included Austria, France, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Egypt and Greece. The Permanent Under Secretary headed a department including Russia, Prussia, Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, German States, North and South America and Persia.
- National Library of Australia holds microfilm master.
- Filmed as part of the Australian Joint Copying Project by the National Library of Australia and the Library of New South Wales.
- Foreign Office F.O. 12-800 (various)
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-727924394
- Original held by Public Record Office, London.
- Cited In:
- Australian Joint Copying Project handbook. Part 5 : Foreign Office.
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Australian pamphlet collection [microform] [SR N 080 PAM]
- University of Sydney Library [electronic resource] : Scholarly Electronic Text and Image Service
- Military intelligence on China [microform] : gazetteers, reports, etc., 1884-1930
- South Australian facsimile editions
- First families 2001 [electronic resource]