Map of the county of Kent : from an actual survey made in the years 1819 & 1820 / by C. Greenwood ; engraved by S.I. Neele & Son, 352 Strand
- Bib ID:
- Greenwood, C. (Christopher), 1786-1855, cartographer
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Scale approximately 1:63,360 (W 0°05ʹ--E 1°26ʹ/N 51°33ʹ--N 50°54ʹ).
- London : Published for the proprietors by G. Pringle Jun'r, July 19, 1821
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand coloured, dissected, mounted on linen ; 110.6 x 169.7 cm, sheets 87.9 x 58.0 or smaller, folded in pull-off slipcase 31.7 x 21.5 x 4.0 cm
- Map of the county of Kent showing churches & chapels, castles & priories, houses, water and wind mills, woods & plantations, heaths & commons, rivers & brooks, navigable canals, turnpike cross roads, towns & other places that send, members to Parliaments, boundaries of counties, lathes & hundreds, townships & parishes, market towns, parishes & townships, villages hamlets & other places. Relief shown by hachures.
- "To the nobility, clergy and gentry, of Kent, this map of the county is most respectfully dedicated by the Proprietors"
- Includes explanations, text, and "Reference to the hundreds".
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-721156322
- Time Coverage:
- Topographic maps.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Also Titled:
- Spine title on slipcase: Greenwood's map of Kent.
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- General survey of England and Wales [cartographic material] : an entirely new & accurate survey of the County of Kent, with part of the County of Essex done by the surveying drafsmen of His Majesty's Honourable Board of Ordnance / on the basis of the trigonometrical survey carried on by their orders under the direction of Captn. W. Mudge of the Royal Artillery, F.R.S. ; Thos. Foot, engraver
- Kentish maps and map-makers, 1590-1840 / prepared for the Kent County Council by Felix Hull, County Archivist
- Kent history illustrated / Frank W. Jessup ; with maps and diagrams prepared by R.R. Sellman
- Lambarde's "Carde of this Shyre" : the Shyre of Kent divided into the five lathes therof / reproduced by permission of the Royal Geographical Society from its copy of the firstissue of the original map ; E.G.B., 1926
- Chislet and Westbere : villages of the Stour Lathe / [edited by K. H. McIntosh ; illustrations and map by Roger Higham]