Chinese Australian Oral History Partnership [sound recording]
- Bib ID:
- Access Conditions:
- Access conditions vary.
- 17 interviews.
- Chinese Australian Oral History Partnership.
This project documents the life experiences of the Chinese and their descendants from various walks of life living in contemporary Australian society. The social and political processes of multiculturalism, discrimination, cultural identity and social integration are explored.
- Interviews conducted by Diana Giese.
- With the establishment in mid-1999 of new funding arrangmeents, 17 interviews with the Chinese Australian community were conducted under a new project agreement referred to as the Chinese Australian Oral History Partnership, which was completed in 2002. This project was a continuation of a previous project known as the Post-war Chinese Australians Oral History Project, which operated under a different set of funding sources initiated from 1992 until expiring in mid-1999.
- Recorded from Aug. 31, 1999 and completed in Nov. 7, 2002.
- Digital master available National Library of Australia;
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Transcripts generally available. Some summaries available.
- Chinese -- Australia -- Interviews
- Chinese -- Australia -- History -- 1945-
- Chinese -- Australia -- Cultural assimilation
- Chinese Australians -- Interviews
- Chinese Australians -- Biography
- Chinese Australians -- Social life and customs
- Chinese -- Civil rights -- Australia
- Australia -- Relations -- China
- China -- Relations -- Australia
- Other authors/contributors:
- Giese, Diana, 1947-, interviewer
- Related Records:
This is a collection.
This collection contains 17 records.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2072 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Sound Recording
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Australia-China oral history project [sound recording]
- Post-war Chinese Australians oral history project [sound recording]
- Mabel Lee address entitled 'Being Chinese in Australia translation of a culture by the osmotic process' at the Translations China and Australia seminar [sound recording]
- Ao Hua ming shi feng cai / Zhang Aolie zhu = Chinese literati in Australia / by Ao Lie Zhang
- Australians with Chinese heritage oral history project