Takarazuka Shojo Kagekidan performance programs and postcards
- Bib ID:
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid
- Japan : [Takarazuka Shōjo Kagekidan], [1919-1945]
- Japan : [宝塚少女歌劇団], [1919-1945]
- 534 items ; various size.
Materials in this collection are theatre programs, member lists and post cards of Takarazuka Shojo Kagekidan between 1919 and 1945.
- Full contents:
- Folder 1. 315 postcards of Takarazuka Shojo Kagekidan actors, pre WWII
- folder 2. Takarazuka Shojo Kageki performance program in Taisho era (1912-1926)
- folder 3 and 4. Takarazuka Shojo Kageki performance program in Showa era, pre WWII (1926-1945)
- Title devised by cataloguer.
- Takarazuka Shojo Kagekidan, which is the predecessor of Takarazuka Kagekidan is a Japanese all-female musical theatre troupe based in Takarazuka, Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan. The Takarazuka Shojo Kagekidan had its first performance in 1914 and gained wider public recognition in 1919. It became popular and had an increasing number of public performances in major cities in Japan such as Osaka, Kobe, Nagoya and Tokyo. In 1927, after Director Ryusei Kishida came back from the U.S., “Mon Paris” western-inspired theatre, was opened. Since then, the performances were adapted from the western musicals and films as well as the Japanese folktales. Takarazuka Kagekidan, to date, mobilises 2.5 million audiences in each year.
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Since 2015 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.