The allure of fungi / Alison Pouliot
- Bib ID:
- Pouliot, Alison, author
- Online Access:
- National edeposit: Onsite at National Library of Australia
- Related Online Resources:
- Access Conditions:
- National edeposit: Available onsite at the National Library of Australia, State Library Victoria
- Clayton South, Vic. : CSIRO Publishing, 
- xi, 268 pages : colour illustrations ; 25 cm.
Although relatively little known, fungi provide the links between the various organisms and ecosystems that underpin our functioning planet. The Allure of Fungi presents fungi through multiple perspectives - those of mycologists and ecologists, foragers and forayers, naturalists and farmers, aesthetes and artists, philosophers and Traditional Owners. It explores how a history of entrenched fears and misconceptions about fungi has led to their near absence in Australian ecological consciousness and biodiversity conservation. Through the combination of engaging text and stunning photography, the author reflects on how aesthetic, sensate experience deepened by scientific knowledge offers the best chance for understanding fungi, the forest and human interactions with them.
- Prepublication record (machine generated from publisher information)
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 260-261) and index.
- Also available via the World Wide Web.
- Other authors/contributors:
- CSIRO Publishing, issuing body
- Copyright Information:
- © Alison Pouliot 2018
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2068 [Created/Published Date + 50 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- The fungi / by Frederick A. Wolf and Frederick T. Wolf
- Metabolites of Trichoderma and Gliocladium [microform] / Walter Samuel Golder
- Poisonous fungi / John Ramsbottom ; with colour plates by Rose Ellenby
- Fungi, friends and foes / by K. J. Scott
- The fungi; an advanced treatise. Edited by G. C. Ainsworth [and] Alfred S. Sussman