Night parrot / Penny Olsen
- Bib ID:
- Olsen, Penny, 1949-, author
- Online Access:
- National edeposit: Onsite at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- National edeposit: Available onsite at the State Library Victoria, National Library of Australia.
- Clayton South, Vic. : CSIRO Publishing, 
- 1 online resource ( pages) : illustrations, maps, facsimiles, photographs
- 9781486303007 (EPUB)
For well over a century, the Night Parrot lured its seekers into Australia's vast, arid outback. From the beginning it was a mysterious bird. Fewer than 30 specimens were collected before it all but disappeared, offering only fleeting glimpses and the occasional mummified body as proof of its continued existence. Protected by spinifex and darkness, the parrot attained almost mythical status: a challenge to birdwatchers and an inspiration to poets, novelists and artists. Night Parrot documents the competitiveness and secrecy, the triumphs and adventures of the history of the bird and its followers, culminating in the recent discovery of live birds at a few widely scattered locations. It describes what we are now unravelling about the mysteries of its biology and ecology and what is still left to learn. Complemented by guest essays, illustrations and photographs from a wide variety of sources, this book sheds light on Australia's most elusive bird.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other authors/contributors:
- CSIRO Publishing, issuing body
- Also Titled:
- Night parrot : Australia's most elusive bird
- Copyright Information:
- © Penny Olsen 2018
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2068 [Created/Published Date + 50 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- Australia's natural disasters / Richard Whitaker
- Neotectonics, salinity, paleoclimates and volcanism : Australian Earth Science Convention Pre-conference field trip, Adelaide-Melbourne, 28 June to 2 July 2006 / compiled by David Gibson and Kate Boston; with contributions from: Heike Apps ... [et al.]
- Australien Natur-Reiseführer : Tiere und Pflanzen am touristischen Wegesrand / Lutz Fehling
- Islamophobia and everyday multiculturalism in Australia / Randa Abdel-Fattah
- Reptiles of Australia : crocodiles, turtles, tortoises, lizards, snakes; describing all Australian species, their appearance, their haunts, their habits / by Eric Worrell