The great south sea caterpillar, transform'd into a Bath butterfly [picture] / Js. Gy. desn. & fect
- Bib ID:
- Gillray, James, 1757-1815
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- [London] (no. 37 New Bond Street) : H. Humphrey, 1795 July 4
- 1 print : etching, hand col. ; plate mark 34.5 x 24.8 cm.
- Rex Nan Kivell Collection ; NK1603.
- Rex Nan Kivell Collection NK1603.
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-135583504
- U7220; S8693 b & w.
- Cited In:
- British Museum Catalogue, 8718.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Humphrey, H. (Hannah), -1818
- Exhibited: "Inked: Australian Cartoons", National Library of Australia, March - August 2019.
- Exhibited: 'Cook & Omai: The Cult of the South Seas', NLA 2001.
- Hand coloured copy U7220 exhibited: Australian National Gallery opening exhibition, 1982.
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Sickness insurance and rural medical assistance / prepared by the International Labour Office
- Land reclamation and improvement in Europe / contributions by the International Institute of Agriculture
- Recreation in rural areas : report prepared by the International Labour Office
- The Kommandant's girl / Pam Jenoff