Australia / A. Fullwood
- Bib ID:
- Fullwood, A. Henry (Albert Henry), 1863-1930, artist
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item. PIC Poster Drawer 328 copy
- London & Mansfield : Printed by Craft Ltd.
- [London] : [Australian High Commission?], [between 1918 and 1920?]
- 1 poster : colour (chromolithograph) ; 100 x 74 cm
A travel or, more likely, immigration poster for Australia, with a bright image of fields during the harvest season featuring haystacks, fully laden carts and farmers on horseback with a distant low hill in the background. Most likely issued to promote immigration to Australia, with a blank field for text at the foot of the image. The text appears in blue sans serif lettering across the sky at the top of the image.
Albert Henry Fullwood (1863-1930) may have executed this poster on commission in England shortly after the end of World War I. He was demobbed as a war artist on 31 December 1919, and embarked for his return to Sydney in February 1920.
The printer of this poster, Craft Ltd of London & Mansfield, was also responsible for printing the possibly slightly earlier poster for Australia in The War, an exhibition of paintings and photographs by Australian war artists at the Grafton Gallery, London, 25 May - 22 June 1918, which featured artwork by Fred Leist.
- Caption title.
- PIC Poster Drawer 328 copy Also available online https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-2634590602
- Other authors/contributors:
- Australia. High Commission (Great Britain), issuing body
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- The PITS Theatre presents Shakespeare's Falstaff scenes from Henry IV plays [and] Woodward's Brother ape
- It is nice in the surf but what about the men in the trenches : go and help [picture] / Artist: David H. Souter
- Tony Abbott minister for virgins and housewives Amen! / Chayni Henry
- The crime of those who vote "No!" [picture] / George Dancey
- Things : photographing the constructed world / National Library of Australia