Portrait of Daisy Kadibil, 2009 / Tobias Titz
- Bib ID:
- Titz, Tobias 1973-, photographer
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- 1 photograph : black and white ; image 38 x 60.5 cm, on sheet 51 x 76.1 cm
- Title from acquisitions documentation.
- "I come from Jigalong They took me away but I walked all around country back to where I was born I came back"--Quote from Daisy Kadibil to the left of the portrait.
- Martu woman Daisy Kadibil at the age of eight, along with her sister Molly and Cousin Gracie were forcibly removed from their family and community at Jigalong, Western Australia under Australian Government policy at the time and sent to the Moore River Native Settlement. The girls escaped the settlement and followed the rabbit-proof fence, with Molly and Daisy completing the 1,600 kilometre journey back to Jigalong.
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-769855976
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased from the photographer, 2018.
- Copyright restrictions may apply.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Yuwali Nixon paints her country, Parnngurr, Western Australia, 2009 / Tobias Titz
- Road to health
- Birds of the Pilbara region, Western Australia / G.M. Storr
- Historical linguistics 2001 : selected papers from the 15th International Conference on Historical Linguistics, Melbourne, 13-17 August 2001 / edited by Barry J. Blake, Kate Burridge, with the assistance of Jo Taylor
- Martu Wangka-English dictionary / compiled by James Marsh