An abridgement of The Book of Martyrs [microform] : to which are prefixed, the living testimonies of the Church of God ... an account of the just judgements of God on persecutors, &c., also a Christian plea against persecution for the cause of conscience
- Bib ID:
- Book and Microform
- Foxe, John, 1516-1587
- New York : Printed and sold by Samuel Wood, 1810
- 603 p. : ill.
- Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 20134.
- Includes index.
- Cited In:
- Shaw & Shoemaker, 20134.
- Microopaque. Worcester, Mass. : American Antiquarian Society, 1971. 7 microopaques ; 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 20134)
- United States New York New York.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Foxe, John, 1516-1587. Actes and monuments
Edition Out of Copyright
You may have full rights to copy, or may be able to copy only under some circumstances, for example a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Since 1835
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- An abridgement of The Book of Martyrs [electronic resource] : to which are prefixed, the living testimonies of the Church of God ... an account of the just judgements of God on persecutors, &c., also a Christian plea against persecution for the cause of conscience
- Acts and monuments of matters most speciall and memorable, happening in the Church, with an universall historie of the same... / by the author M. John Fox
- The book of martyrs: [microform] containing an account of the sufferings and death of the Protestants in the reign of Queen Mary the First. Illustrated with copper-plates. Originally written by Mr. John Fox: and now revised and corrected by an impartial hand
- Actes and monuments of matters most speciall and memorable, happening in the Church [electronic resource] : with an vniuersall historie of the same : wherein is set forth at large the whole race and course of the Church from the primitiue age to the later times ... with the bloody times ... and great persecutions against the true martyrs of Christ ... : now againe as it was recognised, perused, and recommended to the studious reader by the author, Master John Foxe
- The first volume of the ecclesiasticall history [electronic resource] : contaynyng the actes and monumentes of thynges passed in euery kynges tyme in this realme, especially in the Church of England principally to be noted : with a full discourse of such persecutions, horrible troubles, the sufferyng of martyrs, and other thinges incident, touchyng aswel the sayd Church of England as also Scotland, and all other foreine nations, from the primitiue tyme till the reigne of K. Henry VIII