Report to Chief Minister of Committee Established to Review Legislation Relating to Sites of Significance to Aboriginals
- Bib ID:
- Northern Territory. Committee Established to Review Legislation Relating to Sites of Significance to Aboriginals
- [Darwin] : the Committee, 1987
- 252 leaves ; 25 cm.
In 1986 the chief minister of the Northern Territory appointed a committee lead by the N.T. solicitor-general Brian F. Martin to review legislation - both state and federal - relating to sites of significance to Aboriginal people. The review was completed in June 1987 and, after negotiations with Aboriginal Land Councils the N.T. government introduced the Northern Territory Aboriginal Sacred Sites Act 1989.
- Spiral binding.
- Report is dated June 1987, but it was not released until August 1988.
- Chairman: B.F. Martin.
- Sacred sites (Aboriginal Australian) -- Northern Territory
- Sacred sites (Australian Aboriginal) -- Northern Territory
- Law - Land - State and Territory - Northern Territory
- Land rights
- Sites - Sacred sites
- Government policy - State and territory - Northern Territory
- Religion - Dreaming - Ancestor spirits
- Northern Territory (NT)
- Other authors/contributors:
- Martin, B. F
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2037 [Created/Published Date + 50 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Report to Chief Minister of Committee Established to Review Legislation Relating to Sites of Significance to Aboriginals
- Annual report : for the year ended 30 June ... / Aboriginal Sacred Sites Protection Authority
- Aboriginal Areas Protection Authority homepage [electronic resource]
- Gurdang's world : significant aboriginal places in Alawa and Mara country : southern Arnhem Land and the western Gulf of Carpentaria / John Avery
- Sacred sites in Northern Territory coastal waters [cartographic material] / Aboriginal Areas Protection Authority