The Taste of River Water : new and selected poems / Cate Kennedy
- Bib ID:
- Kennedy, Cate, author
- Online Access:
- Related Online Resources:
- Access Conditions:
- National edeposit: Available onsite at national, state and territory libraries
- Carlton North : Scribe Publications Pty Ltd., 2011
- Brunswick, Victoria : Scribe Publications, 2011
- 1 online resource (96 pages)
- 9781921753787 (EPUB)
- EBL ebooks online
WINNER OF THE VICTORIAN PREMIER'S LITERARY AWARDS C.J. DENNIS PRIZE FOR POETRY SHORTLISTED FOR THE 2011 WESTERN AUSTRALIAN PREMIER'S BOOK AWARDS Disarming, warm, and always accessible, Cate Kennedy's poems make ordinary experiences glow. Everything that suffuses her well-loved prose is here: compassion, insight, lyrical precision, and the clear, minimalist eye that reveals how life can turn on a single moment. Musing on the undercurrents and interconnections between legacy, memory, motherhood, and the natural world, the poems in this exhilarating collection begin on the surface and then take us, gracefully and effortlessly, to a far more thought-provoking place. Grounded in lived experience, with all its mysteries and consolations, they resonate with a passionate, sensuous honesty. PRAISE FOR CATE KENNEDY 'Kennedy writes fine poetry ... marvellous.' The Age 'Pack[s] an emotional punch. Kennedy excels at drawing extraordinary details out of the seemingly mundane minutiae of everyday life, with a sharp, focused eye for the politics of the personal. Her depictions of rural life and the Australian landscape are particularly evocative. It's a welcome addition to the often-underrated canon of Australian poetry.' The Herald Sun - Winner of the Victorian Premier's Literary Award for Poetry - The collection has been reprinted multiple times - Author's fiction work previously published in the UK by Atlantic, short stories being published in August 2013 - 'Cate Kennedy presents a long feast in The Taste of River Water. In describing the act of living - as she does with such potency; mouth-watering - she creates a new life.' InPress Magazine.
- Full contents:
- Part One; Part Two.
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Description based on print version record
- Winner, Victorian Premier's Literary Awards C.J. Dennis Prize for Poetry.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Available From:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- Tropicalia : poems and translations / Mookie Katigbak-Lacuesta & Frances Cannon
- Sarang kŭrigo ibyŏl : sarang esŏ ibyŏl kkaji ŭi romaensŭ = Love and parting / Hwang Kŭm-chʻan oe
- A student's guide to School Certificate poetry
- Plain-chant for America; poems and ballads by Katherine Garrison Chapin. With an essay, The quality of poetry
- Fragmenta nova / Alan Loney