Papers of Allan Marett, 1674-2013
- Bib ID:
- Marett, Allan
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Part available for research; part requires permission for research until 2040 or for the lifetime of Allan Marett. Not for loan.
- [between 1674 and 2013]
- 1.35 m (9 boxes)
This collection includes papers relating to the personal and academic life of Emeritus Professor of Musicology Allan Marett and include: correspondence; reviews; interviews; journalism; lecture notes; concert programs involving Marett as consultant, author, performer and scholar; newspaper and magazine cuttings; records relating to radio programs and interviews including four programs on Aboriginal music for 2MBS and six programs on Japanese music for the ABC; drafts, reviews, correspondence and texts of the plays Eliza and Oppenheimer; correspondence regarding prizes and appointments; invitations and personal family documents including those relating to the musical life of Marett's parents. Also included are records resulting from two ARC projects on the 13th Century Japanese flute score Chû Ôga Ryûteki Yôroku-fu in the Gagaku tradition (Japanese Imperial Court Music and Dance), comprising a copy of the original tablature score, transcriptions of all pieces and an analysis of the structure of these pieces. (9 boxes).
Professor of musicology and director of the Centre for Music Research at the University of Sydney. Further biographical information available at: https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-507038
- Manuscript reference number: MS 10473.
- Time Coverage:
- Copying of rights holder’s copyright material is permitted for research purposes, except for Files 1-30, 37-42 and 54 (for which permission is required until 2040 or for the lifetime of Allan Marett).
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Essays in musicology, in honor of Dragan Plamenac on his 70th birthday. Edited by Gustave Reese and Robert J. Snow
- Studi di musicologia
- Über das Spezifische der Musik / Zofia Lissa ; übersetzung aus dem Polnischen von Bruno Schymon
- Studia musicologica Norvegica / Ed. Olav Gurvin
- Methode der Musikgeschichte