Chart of Swan & Canning rivers on the western coast of Australia
- Bib ID:
- Stirling, James Sir, 1791-1865, cartographer
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Scale approximately 1:243,200 (E 114°54ʹ--E 116°22ʹ/S 31°27ʹ--S 33°20ʹ).
- London : J. Cross, 15th Jany. 1829
- 1 map : colour, dissected & mounted on linen ; 109.3 x 57.1 cm, on sheet 112.9 x 61.0, in cover 20.4 x 11.4 cm
- Map showing track of Captain James Stirling's HMS Success ship and his exploration for the proposed settlement in the Swan and Canning rivers' areas, Western Australia. Relief shown by hachures, and spot heights. Depths shown by soundings.
- "Engraved & published 15th Jany. 1829 by J. Cross 18, Holborn (opposite Furnivals Inn) London."
- 'The Government will be administered by Captain Stirling, R.N. as Civil Superintendent & Lieutenant Governor of the Settlement'.
- Includes text.
- National Library of Australia's copy has annotations on map
- Also available online https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-1299503043
- Thematic maps.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Cross, Joseph, engraver
- Also Titled:
- Chart of Swan and Canning rivers on the western coast of Australia.
- Swan & Canning rivers
- Swan and Canning rivers
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Plan des Iles Louis-Napoleon et de la Riviere des Cygnes (Terres de Leuwin et d'Edels) [cartographic material] / par M. M. L. Freycinet et Heirisson, ans 1801 et 1803
- Carr Boyd's route [from Western Australia to Warina, ie. Warrina, S. Aust., showing track from Mount Margaret to the Northern Territory border] [cartographic material] / [by Mr. Carr Boyd, Oct. 1895
- Discoveries in Western Australia [cartographic material] : from documents furnished to the Colonial Office by J.S. Roe, Esq., Surv. Genl. / by permission dedicated to R.W. Hay, Esq., one of H.M. Under Secretaries of State for the Colonies by his obliged servant J. Arrowsmith
- Australia [cartographic material] : from surveys made by order of the British Government combined with those of d'Entrecasteaux , Baudin, Freycinet & C. / by John Arrowsmith, 1842
- Carte d'une partie de la Terre de Witt (a la Nouvelle-Hollande) (3me feuille) [cartographic material] / dressee par Mrs. L. Freycinet, Commandam le Casuarina & Boullanger, ingenieur hydrographe, d'apres leurs observations et celles de Mr. Ronsard, annees 1801 & 1803