Helen Palmer interviewed by Hazel de Berg in the Hazel de Berg collection [sound recording]
- Bib ID:
- Palmer, Helen G. (Helen Gwynneth), 1917-1979, interviewee
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Access Conditions:
- Access open for research, personal copies and public use.
- 1974 Dec. 13
- 1 sound tape reel (ca. 60 min.)
- Hazel de Berg collection ; DeB 809
Palmer speaks of her reasons for writing Australian social history; writing in collaboration with Jessie McLeod; researching Tom Petrie of Queensland for the book "Makers of the first hundred years"; her views on today's education; her work as an editor for "Outlook", an independent socialist journal; she speaks of her father Vance Palmer.
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-220843260
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Transcript available (21 p.)
- Other authors/contributors:
- De Berg, Hazel, 1913-1984, interviewer
- Related Records:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2044 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Sound Recording
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- [Biographical cuttings on Helen Palmer, writer and educationalist, containing one or more cuttings from newspapers or journals]
- Monologue by Helen Palmer [sound recording]
- Australian teacher in China / by Helen G. Palmer
- Helen Ousby interviewed by Hazel de Berg in the Hazel de Berg collection
- Helen Garner interviewed by Hazel de Berg in the Hazel de Berg collection [sound recording]