A new chart of the South Pacific Ocean, including Australasia, the East India Islands, Polynesia, & the western part of South America
- Bib ID:
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item. MAP RM 5140 (Roll) copy
- Additions to 1857.
- Scale approximately 1:11,000,000 at the equator (E 111°--W 60°/N 20°--S 60°).
- London : James Imray & Son, 
- 1 map ; 96.4 x 183.0 cm
- Nautical chart of the South Pacific Ocean, extending from the Philippines and Australia in the west to the coastline of South America showing the Great Circle Track from Port Jackson to Panama, and the Great Circle Composite Track from Tasmania (Van Diemen's Land) to Valparaiso. Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- Prime meridian: Greenwich.
- Includes text, and compass roses.
- National Library of Australia's copy has annotations in pencil of tracks through the region: the Boston Light from San Francisco May 1855, Boston Light for Hong Kong August 1855, Moses Wheeler from Sydney to Callao Nov. 1857, and two unnamed tracks around Tierra del Fuego, one to Callao and one towards the west coast of North America.
- MAP RM 5140 (Roll) copy Also available online https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-1954049619
- Time Coverage:
- Nautical charts.
- Other authors/contributors:
- James Imray and Son
- Also Titled:
- South Pacific Ocean, including Australasia, the East India Islands, Polynesia, & the western part of South America
Edition Out of Copyright
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Since 1874
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Chart of the South Pacific Ocean, from the American Expg. Expedition, Admiralty and Depot de la Marine / W. Hooker sc
- [Pilot charts of the oceans of the world] / prepared from data furnished by the Hydrographic Office of the Navy Department and by the Weather Bureau of the Department of Agriculture
- South Pacific Ocean [cartographic material] : comprised between the parallels of 27° south, and 60° south and extending from Melbourne to Cape Horn. Western sheet / compiled from the most recent surveys in the Hydrographic Office 1877 ; engraved by Edwd. Weller
- Nihon kinkai [cartographic material] = Adjacent seas of Nippon : compiled from the Japanese charts to 1993 / Kaijo Hoancho, Suirobu
- South Pacific Ocean [cartographic material] : comprised between the parallels of 27° south, and 60° south and extending from Melbourne to Cape Horn. Western sheet