[Salmon harvest, 1958] [picture] / Jeff Carter
- Bib ID:
- Carter, Jeff, 1928-2010
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- 1 photograph : gelatin silver ; 27.7 x 27.7 cm.
Caption accompanying the photograph: "Salmon harvest -- Eden NSW 1958 - Maurice Egan, deckhand of the Sea Queen, unloading baskets of salmon into a fish trailer on Eden wharf, ready for transfer to the local cannery in Eden. At that time there was little demand for fresh salmon in Australia and more than 95% of the national catch was canned. There were two canneries in NSW, both owned by Green's Products, at Narooma and Eden. There was a small cannery in Melbourne, one in South Australia and one in Tasmania. In good seasons, the combined canneries could not handle the salmon catch and many fish had to be dumped".
- Condition: good.
- Title devised by cataloguer based on information from acquisition file number 204/04/00122.
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-136531816
- Copyright restrictions apply.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2080 [Creator Date of Death + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- [Re-shipping the net, 1959] [picture] / Jeff Carter
- Le droit de la propriete industrielle / Paul Roubier
- Long range planning for public libraries : library/community analysis / Blane K. Dessy, Floyd C. Dickman and Tanya Jamison
- Luan you ji / Zang Kejia [zhu]
- Long range planning for public libraries : performance indicators. Part II / Mike Jaugstetter