The Epistles and Gospelles with a brief postill vpon the same from Aduent tyll Low Sondaye [electronic resource] : with certayne other fruitful sermons drawen forth by diuerse learned men for the singuler cōmoditie of all good christians and namely of prestes and curates
- Bib ID:
- Uniform Title:
- Bible. N.T. English. Taverner. Selections. 1540
- Online Access:
- Imprinted in London : by Richarde Bankes, and are to be solde in Fletestrete at the sygne of the whyte Harte., [1540?]
- , cxxxiiii,  leaves.
- Early English books online.
- Edited by Richard Taverner -- preface, p. .
- Imprint from colophon; date of imprint suggested by STC (2nd ed.).
- "Cum priuilegio ad imprimendum solum."
- Signatures: [unsigned]⁴ A-F⁴ G⁶ H-2L⁴ (last leaf blank).
- Title within illustrated border (McK. & Ferg 8).
- Printed as pages; numbered as leaves.
- Numerous errors in paging.
- Imperfect: lacks leaves A-B¹ (fol. i-v) and D²-D⁴; defaced with ms. notes.
- Reproduction of the original in: Cambridge University Library.
- Cited In:
- STC (2nd ed.) 2967
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English Books, 1475-1640 ; 2239:2)
- Other authors/contributors:
- Taverner, Richard, 1505?-1575
- Available From:
- ProQuest. 789 E. Eisenhower Parkway, Ann Arbor, MI 48108-3218
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- Index Biblicus: or, The historical books of the Holy Scripture abridged. [microform] With each book, chapter, and sum of diverse matter distinguished. And a chronology to every eminent epocha of time superadded. With a harmony of the four Evangelists: and a table thereunto. A singular help for all persons of what age, rank, or ability soever; for their better knowledge, remembrance, and observation: of that only sure, and perfect fountain of divine light: rule of Christian life: & foundation of everlasting hope
- Index Biblicus: or, The historical books of the Holy Scripture abridged [electronic resource] : With each book, chapter, and sum of diverse matter distinguished. And a chronology to every eminent epocha of time superadded. With a harmony of the four Evangelists: and a table thereunto. A singular help for all persons of what age, rank, or ability soever; for their better knowledge, remembrance, and observation: of that only sure, and perfect fountain of divine light: rule of Christian life: & foundation of everlasting hope
- The Holy Bible, [microform] containing the Old Testament and the New: newly translated out of the originall tongues: and with the former translations diligently compared and revised: by his Majesties speciall commandment. Appointed to be read in churches
- The harmony, chronicle and order of the Old Testament: [electronic resource] : the years observed and laid down chronically; and the books, chapters, stories, prophesies, &c. taken up orderly, as the naturall method, and genuine series of the chronology and history doe require. With reasons given of dislocations of texts and stories, where they come: very many remarkable observations upon the text as it goes along: difficulties in the chronology untyed: differences in the relating of stories reconciled: and abundance of places in the Old Testament, briefly cleared. Also, a second part of the Harmony of the four Evangelists among themselves, and with the Old Testament; from our Saviours baptism to the first Passeover after. / By John Lightfoote Staffordiens: a member of the Assembly of Divines
- The Holy Bible, containing the Old and New Testaments [electronic resource] : translated out of the original tongues; and with the former translations diligently compared and revised