Illustrations of the botany of Captain Cook's voyage round the world in H.M.S. Endeavour in 1768-71 / by Sir Joseph Banks and Daniel Solander ; with determinations by James Britten
- Bib ID:
- Banks, Joseph, 1743-1820
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- London : Printed by order of the British Museum : sold by Longmans etc., 1900
- 3 v. (102 p., 318 [p.45A, i.e.319] leaves of plates) : ill., 3 fold. maps ; 50 cm.
- Rex Nan Kivell Collection; NK1876
- Partial contents:
- Part I, plates 1-100
- Part II, plates 101-243
- Part III, plates 244-318.
Banks proposed the publication of the Florilegium in 1773 and engaged artists and engravers. In all 742 plates were made but the project was not completed and the plates were stored at the British Museum. In 1900-1905 James Britten had 328 of the engravings reproduced by photolithography and published as Illustrations of the botany of Captain Cook's voyage round the world.
- Cover title: Botany of Cook's first voyage.
- Includes index.
- Part III entitled: Illustrations of Australian plants collected in 1770 during Captain Cook's voyage round the world in H.M.S. Endeavour.
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-138432691
- Rex Nan Kivell Collection NK1876
- Other authors/contributors:
- Also Titled:
- Botany of Cook's first voyage
- Illustrations of Australian plants collected in 1770 during Captain Cook's voyage round the world in H.M.S. Endeavour
- Related Records:
This is a collection.
This collection contains 11 records.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Unable to determine date of publication or creation
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Eucalyptus terminalis F. Muell. [picture] / F.P. Nodder pinxit
- Elichrysum banksii A. Cunn. [picture] / F.P. Nodder pinxit
- Candollea serrulata Labill. [picture] / F.P. Nodder pinxit
- Callistemon lanceolatus DC [picture] / F.P. Nodder pinxit
- Didiscus procumbens F. Muell. [picture] / John Cleveley pinxit