Bringing them home oral history project [sound recording]
- Bib ID:
- Access Conditions:
- Access conditions vary.
- 736 digital audio tapes.
340 interviews were recorded by 41 interviewers. Interviews were conducted with families and children who experienced separation, as well as with those who cared for them, worked in institutions, and were involved with administration, policy and implementation in a professional capacity.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are advised that this recording may contain names and voices of deceased persons.
- Summaries and transcripts generally available.
- The project arises from the Commonwealth Government response to the recommendations of Bringing them home, the report of the National Inquiry into the Separation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children from their Families. The aim of the project was to record the diverse experiences of people directly affected by Indigenous child separation and to shed light on the policy and legislative frameworks that supported the separations.
- Digital master available National Library of Australia
- Many voices : reflections on experiences of Indigenous child separation / edited by Doreen Mellor and Anna Haebich. Canberra : National Library of Australia, c2002.
- Related Records:
This is a collection.
This collection contains 334 records.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2072 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Sound Recording
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- The oceanic and Indonesia affiliations of Australian aboriginal culture : [bibliog.]
- Aborigines of Australia : a record of their fast vanishing traditional way of life, featuring over 90 full colour photographs / Douglass Baglin and Barbara Mullins ; designed by Beryl Green]
- From earlier fleets' - II : an anthology of articles from Hemisphere / editor: Kenneth Russell Henderson
- Aboriginals became the masters of our country Australia : "and that's fair dinkum" / [Michael John Tuffley]
- The Adventures of an Australian traveler [sic] (Captain J. Reid) in search of the marvelous [sic] : giving a graphic account of the discovery, capture and semi-civilization of the wild Australian children, Tom and Hettie : together with a sketch of the savage tribes inhabiting the interior of Australia : with a brief account of the customs, manners, heathen beliefs, superstitions, traditions and origin of those barbarous and curious islanders