Letters written by Patrick White to Elizabeth Falkenberg 1976-1990 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- White, Patrick, 1912-1990
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 0.05 m. (1 binder)
Thirty-six letters and six cards written by Patrick White to Elizabeth Falkenberg, containing various news including: 1. White's writings: "The twyborn affair", "Flaws in the glass" and "Memoirs of many in one". 2. Illnesses suffered by White and Manoly Lascaris. 3. Plays: "The season at Sasparilla" and "The night the prowler". 4. Falkenberg's effort in translating White's works. 5. David Marr's visit to Hamburg to gather material for his biography.
Elizabeth Falkenberg, daughter of a Scottish mother and German father, was an admirer of Patrick White who lived in Hamburg, Germany. She translated White's work. She visited Australia twice to see Patrick White.
- Manuscript reference no.: NLA MS 8234.
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Falkenberg, Elizabeth
Contact us for information about copying. For access conditions return to the record display above.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Hu Qiaomu shu xin ji / "Hu Qiaomu zhuan" bian xie zu bian
- Letters of Patrick White to Juliet O'Hea, 1975-1990 [manuscript]
- Letter [manuscript] : Mosman, to Allan Fleming, Parliamentary Library, 1970 June 15
- My musical recollections / by Wilhelm Kuhe
- Correspondence of Manoly Lascaris to Sally Bird, 1983-1990 [manuscript]