N.Z. topographical map 1:25,000 / drawn and published by the Lands and Survey Dept., N.Z. under the authority of R.G. Dick, Surveyor General
- Bib ID:
- New Zealand. Department of Lands and Survey, cartographer
- Related Online Resources:
- Map index at National Library of Australia
- Scale 1:25,000 ; transverse Mercator projection (E 165°33ʹ--W 175°32ʹ/S 29°01ʹ--S 52°49ʹ).
- [Wellington, N.Z.] : Lands and Survey Dept., 1940-1959
- 6 maps on 6 sheets : colour ; 43 x 64 cm or smaller, on sheet 61 x 81 cm or smaller.
- NZMS ; 2B.
- Full contents:
- Mangaio [1st ed.]. Pts sheets N122/1, N122/2, N122/4 & N122/5
- Mangaio [2nd ed.]
- Okotinga. parts sheets N 122/7 & N 132/1.
- Topographic map series of military exercise areas around Waiouru, in the central North Island, New Zealand showing railways, electric transmission lines, tramways, roads, tracks, trigonometrical stations, wireless aerial masts, mines, distribution lines, telephone lines, windmills, buildings, homesteads, churches cemeteries, post and telegraph offices, vegetation, and water features. Relief shown by contours and spot heights.
- Each sheet is individually named and numbered.
- Some sheets have 1st or 2nd ed. Series title varies.
- Issued for the use of the New Zealand Army.
- Includes text, magnetic declination diagram, mapping methods, grid reference, index to names of adjoining sheets, and reliability diagram.
- National Library of Australia holds Mangaio and Okotinga sheets only
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Also Titled:
- New Zealand topographical map 1:25,000
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2029 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.