Pear of hope / Wenda Shurety & Deb Hudson
- Bib ID:
- Shurety, Wenda, author
- Chatswood, NSW : EK Books, an imprint of Exisle Publishing, 2021
- 26 unnumbered pages : colour illustrations ; 22 x 30 cm
- 9781925820867 (hardback)
"Anna loves the old pear tree that lives at the bottom of the garden. When she becomes seriously ill, her relationship with the tree provides comfort and peace on her journey, particularly when she plants a seed from one of the tree's pears. Pear of Hope is the story of a little girl with cancer and her tale of recovery. This is intertwined with the growth of a pear tree, which symbolises the enigmatic concept of hope. Told through sensitive words and gentle, beautiful illustrations, the story will comfort and inspire any children who are struggling to feel positive, whatever journey they may be on."--Back cover.
- For children.
- Picture books.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Hudson, Deb, illustrator
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Mǣ pen plā phō̜ pen nam / Čhō̜ni ʻŌdochao, lāo khwām ; Nakolī læ Siwakō̜n, khīankham
- Alla ricerca dell' isola di nim / Wendy Orr, illustrazioni di Kerry Millard
- Prince Hempseed and his young sister
- Il mio cuore fa i salti mortali storia quasi vera di una tredicenne con una vita da acrobata / Martine Murray; traduzione di Giuditta Capella
- The sagebrush sorrel / Frank C. Robertson