The little black princess : a true story from the Never-Never / Jeannie Gunn
- Bib ID:
- Gunn, Aeneas, Mrs., 1870-1961, author
- Exile Bay, [New South Wales] : ETT Imprint, 2021
- 91 pages, 13 pages of plates : illustrations, portraits ; 24 cm
- 9781922473493 (paperback)
These simple sketches of Territory life centre around the young Aboriginal girl Bett-Bett (Dolly Bonson) and her dog Sue; as she appears from the Never- Never, stays awhile, learns a little, laughs a lot, wonders much, and finally returns to the bush again. This early tale of life in the Northern Territory was first published in 1905, and was followed up by the classic We of the Never-Never, the author's memoir of life with her family on Elsey Station, nearly 500 kilometres south of Darwin. This new edition holds all the original 30 photographs from the edition of 1905.
- First published: 1905.
- Gunn, Aeneas, Mrs., 1870-1961
- Bonson, Dolly
- Girls -- Northern Territory -- Biography
- Women pioneers -- Northern Territory -- Biography
- Aboriginal Australians -- Northern Territory
- Aboriginal Australians -- Northern Territory -- Race relations -- History -- 1901-1922
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Northern Territory -- History -- 1901-1922
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Northern Territory
- Settlement and contacts - Settlers
- Settlement and contacts - 20th Century
- Race relations
- Northern Territory -- History -- 1901-1922
- Northern Territory (NT)
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2031 [Creator Date of Death + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.