Papers of Ian McDougall, 1957-2015
- Bib ID:
- McDougall, Ian
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Part available for research; part requires permission for research. Not for loan.
- [between 1957 and 2015]
- 1.65 m (11 boxes)
The collection comprises predominately field notes from Australian geologist and geochemist Professor Ian McDougall's research in Australia, New Zealand, Ethiopia, Brazil, Kenya, USA, Canada, Mauritius, Thailand, China, and Europe. The collection also includes personal correspondence to family members detailing his journeys and field work and also some transparencies from his field work in Lord Howe Island, Iceland, China and Kenya.
Ian McDougall completed his PhD in 1960 at the University of Tasmania, before embarking on a long career at the Research School of Earth Sciences at the Australian National University. His areas of expertise included: Geochronology, Stratigraphy (Incl. Biostratigraphy And Sequence Stratigraphy), Palaeontology (Incl. Palynology), Marine Geoscience, Geomorphology And Regolith And Landscape Evolution, Volcanology, Isotope Geochemistry, Igneous And Metamorphic Petrology, Tectonics and Archaeological Science.
- Manuscript reference number: MS 10586.
- Time Coverage:
- Copying of Ian McDougall's copyright material permitted for research purposes except for Boxes 8-10, for which permission is required.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- [Biographical cuttings on Ian McDougall, magistrate, containing one or more cuttings from newspapers or journals]
- [Biographical cuttings on Ian McDougall, composer, containing one or more cuttings from newspapers or journals]
- Organising local archival materials [by] L. Petocz
- System informacji archiwalnej / Maciej Golembiowski
- Guide to the material in the National Archives / the National Archives