Papers of Margaret Kartomi, 1961-2015 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Kartomi, Margaret J
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Part available for research; part requires permission for research. Not for loan.
- 3.48 m. (16 boxes) + 1 fol. box + 1 folder.
MS 9921 largely comprises correspondence, research and publications dating from the 1960s to 2002. There are also musical compositions written in the 1960s (10 boxes, 1 fol. box).
The Acc07.134 instalment includes correspondence, concert programmes, conference programmes and related ephemera, 1982-2007 (2 boxes).
The Acc09.206 instalment comprises a selection of hardcopy emails to and from Kartomi, 2002-2009, miscellaneous papers including greeting cards, invitations, letters of reference, Monash University School of Music documents, publicity about Kartomi and non-email correspondence (2 boxes).
The Acc13.083 instalment comprises correspondence, primarily printed emails; biographical information on Margaret Kartomi's career; articles and speeches; 1 audio tape (1 box).
The Acc15.010 instalment comprises email correspondence, mostly professional; conference materials; greeting cards and personal calendars (1 box).
The Acc15.107 instalment comprises comprises email correspondence (1 folder).
Composer, musicologist and ethnomusicologist. Professor Margaret Kartomi has published widely on aspects of the musical cultures of Asia, Australia and Europe, contributing new theoretical approaches in the areas of culture contact, music aesthetics, organology and the nature of child-created music. Kartomi's main specialisation has been Indonesian music, and since the 1990s she has also conducted extensive research on Jewish music in Southeast Asia.
- Manuscript reference no.: MS 9921, MS Acc07.134, MS Acc09.206, MS Acc13.083, MS Acc15.010, MS Acc15.107.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Finding aid available in the Special Collections Reading Room and on the Internet at: http://nla.gov.au/nla.ms-ms9921
- Time Coverage:
- Copying of Margaret Kartomi's copyright material permitted for research purposes.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.